Friday, September 25, 2009

To Mendoza!

Como estan?

I'm doing just fine. I just finished my Spanish classes at the language school. Everything went fine with my exam, and now I am just preparing to leave with my program tonight for Mendoza. As I said earlier Mendoza is a town in western Buenos Aires and it is right by the Andes Mountain Range. Also to the near west of Mendoza over the mountain range is the city Santiago, which is the capital of Chile. Here is a map of Argentina and the town's distance from Buenos Aires:




It is very easy to access Mendoza because there is a route that goes directly from Buenos Aires to Mendoza. The bus ride itself is about 13-14 hours. Supposedly the bus we are taking has reclining seats and is actually quite comfortable. I will be sure to notify you on how I feel about that.

When we get to Mendoza tomorrow morning, we will be taken to our new home stays for our time there. Then on Monday we will start Spanish classes which are from 8:30 AM to 1 PM....yes, that is a very long time and very early too. For all that time spent in those classes, my Spanish better improve greatly. After our classes we have time to explore the town and do what we want. Also I will not be bringing my laptop so I will be using public computers to check my messages and such. I may update the blog if I can.

Some things about Mendoza that many people go there for is the wine. All the best wines in Argentina, and even the world, are created in Mendoza. So I will be wine tasting, mostly red though. For some odd reason Argentines don't really like white wine. Also many travelers come to hike in the Andes and also kayak. It may also be a bit cooler than Buenos Aires due to the moutains.

It will definitely be a nice change from all the cement and car horns I hear in Buenos Aires. A friend of mine told me that Buenos Aires is very different then the rest of Argentina. Moreover, those on the outside of BA have a tendency to be more down to earth. I will see if his words hold some validity when I am there. I am very excited though. I will be back in Buenos Aires next Sunday, October 5th, so I will keep you all up to date with what is going on when I can.

-Hasta Luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment