Saturday, September 12, 2009

The end of the second week...Time flies?

Oye! Que tal chicos?

So I figured I should write a quick entry real quick. My time here in Buenos Aires so far has been pretty great. I am enjoying myself, and it has been a pretty good adjustment so far. However, I have gotten some stereotypes in the clubs of being black. One girl asked me I could rap for her...another kept calling me the name of a Brazilain football player. And then there was the other time that a bunch of women wanted a picture with me, even though they didn't know my name. For now, it is a little funny for me because the attention can be a good thing. Moreover, I somewhat expected to get this amount attention only because I had heard about it before from other blacks who went to Argentina. The only thing that throws the Argentines off though, is my accent which isn't "gringo" and it doesn't sound like I am from "Yankee Land". All in all it has been the experience like I wanted it to be.

Other then that I am just getting ready to go out for the night and hang out with some new people that I have met. Some are from Italy, and then there are a few people who are from Portugal. It was a surprise to me to find out that there were so many people from other places in Buenos Aires. However, I still want to meet some more Argentines and see who they feel about their country etc.

Tomorrow or in a day or two, I will write a post about some of the political dissatisfaction that is going on. My history class on Argentina is helping to explain this. However, it is shocking to hear all the things the government here has done against the people. It is crazy...in one regard it has given me a new appreciation for being an American. A little crazy that I feel this way, but the amount of opportunities I have in the US is definitely alot more than those I could ever have if I was born in Buenos Aires at the same economic level.

Anyways, enough of that!

I am off for the night. Buenas Noches!

1 comment:

  1. LMAFO with the "One girl asked me I could rap for her...another kept calling me the name of a Brazilain football player." and Yankee Land, lol don't you hate that shit????? Read my blog post about my host sister??? I wanted to smack her. LOL

    ReplyDelete