Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Uncertain, but excited.

So this is the first entry on my blog. Let me just start out by saying that I will be in Buenos Aires for 3 1/2 months until December 11th. Hopefully from this experience abroad I will grow ALOT. Anyways I am leaving tomorrow at 5:20 PM. Hopefully there are no delays with the flight, because that wouldn't be a good way to start my trip. In regards to packing, I am ready to go! 2 suit cases full of clothes and 2 carry ons.



I wonder if I overdid it though, but it doesn't matter because I have a tendency to always over pack. Take a look for yourself at all of my clothes...



It will be interesting to see how many clothes I actually use and how much I bring back.

Tonight was nice though. I had some friends over and they said good-bye to me. Even with them, I got "be careful" and "keep in touch". Of course I plan to do all of these things. I just hope they know that I will miss them too. It may not seem like that though because I'm really excited.

Also this is going to be the longest time I have been out of the country and I just don't know what to expect when I land in Buenos Aires at 7:30 AM on Thursday. Will my Spanish be good enough? Will I make new friends? Will I actually learn the tango? I'm not really sure, the possibilities of how my time goes in BA seem endless. All I know right now is that I am ready for this adventure to begin.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Ray...I am so UNBELIEVABLY happy and excited for you. But I mean, do you have enough clothes?...lolz. Anyway, I know that you will have the experience of a lifetime. I'll do my best to stay on top of keeping up with your blog. And we both know that Carleton is FULL of surprises! So I'll be sure to keep you updated on those, as they come along, and my journey to my millionaire successes! ^_^

    Well, be safe and keep in touch...lolz. I expect to hear GREAT things from you! And don't forget about the person who told you that you were going long before 'you' even knew [insider] *wink.

    Love you much,
    ~*jm
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo punk, it looks like all is going well for you. Im glad your liking it so far. But hey, how do you make a profile or an acct so when I write to you, it would say De'Angelo with my picture? Man I will say this, Evans during the fall is about to be tight, but I'll make sure there would be a repeat of it Winter term after you return. You better meet some pretty girls and then have them come down to MN to visit you. haha. Also, make sure that they bring friends. Well, I'l be checking this daily, keep up the good things. Hopefully, talk to you soon. Peace.


    De'Angelo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I will def be keeping in touch with you. And De'Angelo, I don't know how to change that crazy screen name that you have. Try looking in the options haha

    Also, I will defintely be expecting an "excellent" winter term when I get back, so you all better be prepared haha

    ReplyDelete